The Shit-Winds Are Coming

“The Shit-Winds Are Coming”

Jim Layhee

Greetings Earth Tom Nardone here.

57092b334caa576e94fc8db810f55ddbLife has been a  shit-storm. It has been a while since I have spoken to everybody. I want you all to know. I’m doing reasonably well. I can’t do a show yet but I wanted you all to know I am surviving.

I thought I was to go into my 6th and last round of chemotherapy this week. I recently found out that I actually may be on chemotherapy as long as 18 months. So it could be that I’m not even halfway finished. Truthfully it is talking a lot out of me.

Yvonne and I have decided that under the circumstances, given the expenses that we must endure, it just makes more sense for us to move. Consequently I have been very busy working on our house. Apparently 13 years of neglect leads to a lot of house repairs to do in a very short period of time. It saddens me to say I have been involved with everything up to and including…ugh yes…yard work.

“Thank you guys, Yeah I know.  It does.”

The truth is that it is very difficult for me to go to work. While I am aware that I have publicly acknowledged and proclaimed myself as a lazy bastard, this is not that.

Home Depot has been awesome to us. I have the most understanding mgmt. team, and the finest coworkers. Nevertheless I cannot help but constantly feeling I am letting everybody down around me.

This is why I have not been very active on my show or social media.

Yeah… I’m a downer!

I am just busy and sick and tired all the time, but I do still love all of you. You guys are what keeps us going.

I suppose you could say that we are on a hiatus. Because that sounds a little better than saying “Hey we’re up shit creek fighting the shit-water rapids; not quite as true though.

I have not gone anywhere and I am still somehow going to make it through all this.

I promise I shall return. In the meantime, I will continue reading all your messages and responding to them all when I can.

I am Tom Nar….Shhh…..did you hear that?  The shit-winds are coming.

This entry was posted in ADHD, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Shit-Winds Are Coming

1. karen698 says:

it sounds like you need a strong umbrella and a pair of waterproof boots right now. Thanks for updating everyone. I continue to pull for you and Yvonne. My condolences on the yard work.

2. I have faith that no shit-wind can take down the formidable force that is Tom Nardone! Keeping you & Yvonne in my thoughts & prayers. Please do let us know if there’s anything far-away friends can do to help.

3. George says:

Keep going Tom. Been through some shit-storms myself.

so good to see you and just rest as much as you need to and do what you need to do to keep the shit storm at bay!

5. Extreme Mom says:

Thinking about you Tom. I miss you – the world misses you!!! I’m sorry to see you going through this incredibly tough time. If anyone can make it over the mountain, it’s you and Yvonne!! Love you guys!!

6. Mary says:

Gosh Tom I hate you are experiencing all of this shit. It’s not fair!! I wish I was close I would help you and Yvonne. Sending my love. Mary.

7. Jil Eisenhaur says:

Dear Tom, I can’t say I know what you’re going through, no one can unless they’ve experienced it themselves…. So I won’t patronize you, cuz personally, that TOTALLY pisses me off when its done to me…. Jesus is the only one who truly knows your pain as he died on the cross carrying ALL OUR sins and misery we all endore…. Past, present and future…. Go to him and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior, to become His child and a witness for Him… God does so many miracles in my live and is waiting for you to accept Him as your salvation! I will be praying for you Tom….

Jil Eisenhaur

8. I’m always thinking about ya Tom and waiting for the day when you can look at this shit as a chapter past. I must admit this puts my own self loathing and depression in perspective and makes me inspired to get off as my ass and start living again. I wish that helped you out somehow but just know I’m proud to call you a friend and an inspiration to me. Keep fighting.

9. “Strong the shit-winds surely blow.”
    “The shit-winds are called Shirley?”
    — dialogue not used in Airplane or Star Wars.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )